Monday, March 28, 2011

Star Wars Dark Forces

How many of you guys like Star Wars? I do! And well, even if you may not be such a huge fan, you may like this game. Star Wars : Dark Forces is similar to DOOM in some ways, minus the fact that there is no multi player, this games is still better that DOOM in the sense that there is up and down look, and more movements, there are also multiple levels that are not only big, but also go up higher and lower levels. Now I may not be good at explaining, but I only discovered this game a long time ago at a thrift store far away. It was in a set called the LucasArts Collection, I have set #2 and #3, I'm only missing #1 but I'll find that some other time. And well, even though it looks like DOOM and plays like it, it's a game all it's own, it's not about finding keys and killing bad guys, rather, you have to use your brain to get the the next level, figure out the maps, mazes and puzzles. And there's some shooting in there too.


This Dark Forces games is one that started it all with the Jedi Knight series, and even though here in this one, there is no real Light-saber action, you can still enjoy the FPS Shooter style this games has. Later games in the Jedi Knight series get better, and so much better, I don't know why they stopped making them like this.

This may not be my favorite Star Wars Game, but it's just the one to get started with. This sets the overall tone for the next games I will be bringing about. If you want to download it and try it out. Get it here, https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F20119059169B7CC!187&authkey=!AJPZaA-EDD_QSyo&ithint=file%2czip
This will be in a ZIP folder, it's a small game, but may take a long time to beat. This game will install well under Windows XP and if you need some help installing it. See this guide. http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/GAMES:Star_Wars:_Dark_Forces It recommends installing using DOSBox and I would too, but if you can figure how to make it run naively on your own machine, that's great too.

I have not yet been able to beat this game, I keep getting stuck on a level with many doors and they close before i can get to them. So tell me if any of you even beat this game, it's not for the faint of mind!

1 comment:

  1. I like to play the Star Wars. According to me it is most anticipated game to play. The gaming style and function of this game are different than the other games.
    r4 sdhc card

    ReplyDelete