Tuesday, June 7, 2011

How to run Star Wars Dark Forces on Ubuntu Linux

Why am I doing this? Did I not cover this in my second to last post? Not really. I left it to most of you to figure that out on your own, but now, how do I play that Dark Forces Game? Well I use Linux, mainly Ubuntu and Debian, but let me show you the easy way to get this game going. For all you Linux gamers out there.

Step 1: Download the game I've prepared. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F20119059169B7CC!187&authkey=!AJPZaA-EDD_QSyo&ithint=file%2czip

Step 2: On your Ubuntu or Debian Machine, Install Doxbox from the software center. Or Terminal if you're cool enough. https://www.dosbox.com/

Step 3: Extract the downloaded folder into your home directory, this will make it neat and easy to locate.

Step 4: Open up a terminal and type dosbox (Drag the game folder here)

Step 5: Type dark\dark

Step 6: Game should start, if not then press C  This will let DosBox know to look in the main game folder for the files in the C drive.

Below is a video how I did it.



Enjoy any questions ask me, sorry about no sound I did this at school on a laptop I just recently fixed. and yes I know the resolution is low. Watch fullscreen

7 comments:

  1. OMFG, this guy ^ knows about apt... someone sacrifice a retard in his name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just barely read your comment. Yes I was being sarcastic as well, but thorough. A few years too late for a comeback, but so so be it.

      Delete
  2. I realize this page is ~5 yrs old, but, where else can I get that version of JK you prepared? The link up above no longer works...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've updated the link, ever since Microsoft changed the Windows Live to OneDrive it's really screwed things up. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Oh, thanks! Yeah, I was looking for JK, and somehow overlooked the fact that this was all about DF I...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jedi outcast or Jedi academy? Both are two good faces of mine

    ReplyDelete